Sunday, April 20, 2014

Fresh Pico

Happy Easter, everyone! Today I made something really easy - super fresh pico de gallo. I always have fun making it and even more fun eating it! It's a lot cheaper than most salsas you can buy, and you can customize it anyway you like. Heres what I do:



Finely chop and mix together:
  • 5-6 fresh tomatoes 
  • 1/2 large yellow onion (more or less to taste)
  • 2 bell peppers (I usually use green for the color contrast, this time I used red)

Add: 
  • Salt (to taste - I used quite a bit!)
  • Lime (I used one lime but it could have used another. I've made it before without lime and its still good)
Optional: 
  • Cilantro 
  • Chopped mango (I cannot wait to try this!)

I love making this. I never thought to make salsa (or pico as this is) before this year, and I will continue to do it! I think chopping all the veggies is very mediative and it's great knowing that you made something yummy and saved money doing it. I also love the creativity you can have with making it. I hope you all make some awesome salsa with your own unique spin to it!



And you're done! Store it in a jar like I did if you can't finish it immediately! Keeps it fresher longer and makes you look professional! Happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment