I often mention how much I love pancakes. I also love color of these: purple pancakes!
This may relate to the fact that I loved purple so much as a kid I had a pink and purple themed birthday party. I wouldn't know how to plan such an event: props, mom. These may have been a good breakfast to start such a magnificent purple birthday.
And I admit...they don't turn out too purple after cooking..more that perfect golden brown. I'm also gonna admit that the purple is really just a side effect of the blueberries I mixed in..but the batter is still fun! No judgement....
Ok, here's how it goes:
Serves: 2-3 people
Total time: 10-15 minutes
- SO MANY BLUEBERRIES. Frozen btw...to get the purple color. Just add as much as you desire.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp white vinegar (reacts with the above soda to make it extra fluffy!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vanilla milk of some kind. I always prefer soy.
- Oil or vegan butter for cooking/ topping
- First, smash the nanner. You should know this by now.
- Mix together almost all of the remaining ingredients. Leave out the blueberries till the end. Because I said so, that's why.
- Add blueberries. BANG:
|I mean really, just look at the mesmerizing marbling of those berries! Mmm.|
- Add vegan butter or vegetable oil to a pan, heat to medium or medium-low heat.
- Scoop batter onto pan into desired size.
- You know how to cook pancakes! Do it! Wait to flip until you see a lot of bubbles. Trust yourself here. Try try try not to smoosh the cake down with your spatula. They turn out fluffier this way.
- Ok. Done. Congratulations on the hard work! Top with more butter and more blueberries and eat sooo many! No need to share. I understand. Enjoy!